Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pastry day 2


Finished the tarts today. They looked pretty, but I still feel like we aren't finishing fast enough. Is it the demos? Is it the fact that we're watching the entire process and then doing the entire process? I just don't know, but I still don't feel good about how it went. I don't feel like it was a complete disaster, but...the whole day felt a little off.

Menu
Finish tarts
Puff pastry (we're finishing up with them tomorrow)
Pate a choux (it's what eclairs and cream puffs are made out of) that we are also finishing tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry yourself about timing on pastry week, you will always be in the weeds when it comes to the timing on the day, Friday I believe is the easiest, by that day you'll be so done with having sweets all day long, you'll be looking forward to making a batch of mayo or something silly like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Sammy. The food really looks good.

    ReplyDelete