Monday, January 5, 2009

First day!

Soooo. First day of school. Yes, I know plenty of those titles floating around. I started going to a community college right out of high school for business. I took two years because I was told I could earn my degree in two years and here I am, three years later half a degree away. I was going into IT/videogame design and realized that I couldn't actually sit still at a desk for a minute longer. So I decided that wasn't the career for me. About this time, my dad started thinking his career (electronics/IT/computery stuff) wasn't what he wanted to do with his life and with his children now 18 and 20, that it was time to do something for him. We are both now attending a culinary school for classic French cuisine (And yes, they teach more than just French food, but that's the basis for most high end food these days). Today was all about paperwork and introducing ourselves, so no pictures and nothing really interesting. We did get our recipe list, and some homework to start us off. We have to read a culinary magazine (mine dates four years before I was born) and give a two minute verbal report on something in the magazine. Easiest report I've ever been assigned. I'll give you pictures as soon as I have them (and we start cooking tomorrow).

1 comment:

  1. Great job Sammy. You and your dad are making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete