Thursday, January 8, 2009

Today, we had a slightly different menu. It was chicken of course, but breast only this time. We broke chickens down ourselves (two chickens each) and made airline breasts. That would be when you don't fully detach the wing from the breast, you only take the lower portion of it off. Then we sauteed the skin side to get a nice crispy side on them, popped them in the oven and let them cook. Oh, they were good too. Skin was awesome. Mine was a little oversalted, but I love salt so no one better could've gotten that particular piece. We also made mashed potatoes again, a little zucchini (which was much better seasoned today), veloute (it's a sauce, there's a picture up), salad with vinaigrette, baguette that I got to help make, and carrot soup. I made the soup on my side and Dad made the soup on his side. No, we didn't plan that. It just happened, okay. They came out almost exactly the same shade. We didn't talk about it, we didn't look over at each other's soup, we just managed to do it very similarly. I used all chicken stock to make mine, and Dad used half stock, half water. He also had ginger in his. I think mine needed salt. Dad's is in the white bowl, mine is in the pan. Oh, and don't mock my lack of presentation, I ran out of time. Plus we only had one bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment